World Ranger Day
World Ranger Day commemorates rangers killed or injured in the line of duty, and celebrates the work rangers do to protect the world’s natural and cultural treasures.
World Ranger Day is observed annually on the 31st of July, and is promoted by the 63 member associations of the International Ranger Federation, by our partner the Thin Green Line Foundation, and by individuals who support the work of Rangers and the IRF.
The first World Ranger Day was observed in 2007 on the 15th anniversary of the founding of the IRF.
- 2016 World Ranger Day Cover Letter
- 2015-16 Roll of Honour
- 2009-2016 Roll of Honour Map
- Celebrate + Commemorate World Ranger Day
- WRD Poster – Put your name and location on the sign, take a photo with Rangers or in protected areas, and post on the IRF Facebook page or elsewhere using the hashtags on the sign!
- WRD E-pack containing all of the 2016 materials for use at your site