Celebrate + Commemorate World Ranger Day
- Light a candle and observe a minute’s silence for Rangers who have died in the line of duty.
- Plant a tree as a living tribute to Rangers around the world.
- Talk with park visitors, family, friends, colleagues and partners about the work of Rangers around the world.
- Host a public event dedicated to the work of Rangers around the world.
- Educate local communities about the importance of protected areas and the vital role that Rangers play.
- Visit a school to engage young people in the future of world parks, biodiversity, and conservation.
- Invite a Ranger from another park to join you and your co-workers for a week in your park.
- Write an article for your local newspaper about Rangers and the significance of World Ranger Day.
- Award Rangers in your association who have made a special contribution to conservation.
- Lobby your state or national government to establish a National Ranger Day.
Have fun! Celebrate your role in protecting the world’s natural and cultural treasures.