The IRF is dedicated to raising the professional standards of rangers through training.
The IRF promotes training in 8 key areas
- Basic ecology and conservation
- Resource protection
- Interpretation, education and information
- Community and stakeholder relations
- Technology and infrastructure maintenance
- Emergency response
- Operational planning, and office, project and financial management
- Workplace communications and relations
Well-trained, motivated and properly equipped rangers are vital to the protection of parks and other precious natural and cultural areas.